Parish Family Ministry
Challenged by the un-Christian view of marriage by a number of Canadian politicians, by the rise of materialism of Canadian society and by the ever growing number of families with misguided priorities in life, the OLGC Parish commits itself to defend the traditional Catholic view of family and marriage and establishes the Parish Family Ministry. It aims:
- to promote Catholic values in Catholic families of the Parish
- to educate parishioners in Catholic teachings on marriage and family
- to be at the vanguard in defending Catholic marriage and family
- to represent the Parish with regards to family and marriage
- to network with other organizations that defend traditional marriage and family
The following Parish organizations involved in this ministry are as follows:
- Salesian Cooperators is a movement founded by St. John Bosco composed of persons who commit to sanctify themselves and their family the Salesian way. They help out in the evangelization of the young wherever they are.
- The Couples for Christ is a movement for the renewal and strengthening of Christian family life. The members have committed themselves to the Lord and to one another so that they may grow in maturity as men and women of God and fulfill their primary vocation of raising up families under the lordship of Jesus Christ and for the service of the Kingdom of God.
- The Catholic Women’s League is an organization intended to educate and encourage Catholic women to play a role in the work of the Church at parish, diocesan, national and international levels.
- The Legion of Mary is a lay Catholic association whose members are giving service to the church, on a voluntary basis, all over the world.
- The Knights of Columbus is a lay Catholic family fraternal service organization. Membership is open to all practical Catholic men in communion with the Holy See, age eighteen and above.
- Family Planning Team is composed of parish volunteers who are committed Catholics in the medical field and trained to guide married couples in the natural family planning.