Youth and Children
The focus of the work of the Salesian is the evangelization of young people and their families. OLGC Parish provides formative groups where the young can express themselves and be formed as honest citizens of Canada and of heaven.
- God’s Little People is Liturgy of the Word for children. During Sunday Mass, the children are led to the adjacent Mary Help of Christians Hall for the Sunday Gospel adapted to them.
- Kids for Christ is a renewal ministry for children of the Couples for Christ from ages 4 to 12 years old.
- Parish Youth Council organizes the activities for young people of the parish especially the Saturday Mass liturgy.
- Praise Team is a dance and theatre arts ministry composed of young dedicated Christians whose mission is to evangelize the young people through the performing arts. The motto is “Christ will be exalted in my body.”
- Knights of the Altar (KOA/Altar Servers are for boys and girls who wish to serve at the altar during Masses and liturgical celebrations.
- Youth Choir sings during Saturday evening liturgy and assists the PREP children in their liturgy.
- Youth for Christ is a renewal ministry for children of Couples for Christ from ages 13 to 20 years old. It is a movement intended to reach out to the young people that the normal church channels were missing to communicate the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
- Singles for Christ is a renewal ministry for children of Couples for Christ from ages 21 to 35 years old to provide them with a channel through which they could respond to God’s call and acknowledge that only He can lessen that burden and make them live peaceful and fulfilling lives.
- Polish PREP School is a parish program where Catholic faith is taught to children of Polish descent every Saturday morning. Polish language and culture are also taught.